Last month I was nominated for a Liebster award! Yes I know I am REALLY slow at finally saying my “thank you’s” and making good on my end of the award deal! Sorry, to be honest I was super excited when I received notification and then sort of forgot about it! OPS! (**My deepest apologies if the comment I left in order to notify you of your nomination seemed like spam. I didn’t know how else to reach everyone!**)
A GIANT thank you to Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!! her blog is lovely and FULL to the brim of wonderful photos in which she breaks down the steps used to create her garments!
I would like to nominate these 11 wonderful blogs for the same award! These are in no particular order and know that I very easily could have added many more to this list!
1. dreaming of avonlea
3. Two Random Words
4. My Grandmothers’ Legacy
5. a devoted novice
6. jelliefish crafts
7. Retro Glam
8. Allspice Abounds
9. said & done: Handmade by Chris
11. Tangled Up In Blue
Now, Here is the part where I answer 11 Questions for the lovely blogger who nominated me!
1. What is your favourite snack?
Coffee…Can coffee count as a snack because I love coffee?
2. What is your favourite movie?
Oh I am not sure I have one! I am not much of a movie watcher, I have seen every episode of Top Gear UK several times each!
3. Do you have pets?
I don’t currently have any pets of my own but I grew up having Dogs, Cats, Horses, Gunea Pigs, Rabbits, and an assortment of whatever my parents were patient enough to let me keep!
4. How long have you been blogging?
Since January of 2014 so not long at all!
5. What is your favourite project that you are most proud of?
Oh I really have to think about this one! Perhaps my Garden Party Dress! It was my first big blog post and a project I really fretted and worked hard over all the details on.
6. What is your least favourite project and why?
Do we have to pick only 1? Because I could list a number of disappointing projects! When I first started really getting into garment sewing my taste in fabrics and my ability to really finish a garment nicely was quite poor! It is how you learn though! You have to make a bunch of crap to get good!
7. Do you have any formal training in your craft?
No formal training! Unless you count a couple very patient Aunts who explained how to use a sewing machine and trusted me with the use of their machines while teaching me the very basics! From there I taught myself by using patterns. I often learn best by doing it myself, messing up royally and learning from my mistakes! See q. 6!
8. Do you have your own craft room?
Currently no, ahh it is but a dream! I do however have a sewing “Corner” in my room and when my Family is not looking I hog the kitchen Island or table to cut out projects!
9. How do you get your ideas?
They always come at really inopportune times, like 1 am when I cant sleep and I have a big test or long work day ahead of me. Or when I have no pencil and paper to write it down despite almost always carrying a pen and small notebook in my purse. Lately inspiration has come from other bloggers projects because seeing their work makes me feel like I can do it too!
10. Does your partner support you in your ideas?
Yes, He does…for now. We do not live together so I am not taking up all of HIS space with MY projects! Haha
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hopefully out of college! Haha but really I feel like school is taking forever but thats ok. I would like to be Graduated Ill be 33 so Id hope to have several things of my own like a house, dog, small organic garden, and sewing room! I hope to have pretty good a job within my degree path of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Alright Nominees! Here are your 11 questions!
1. What project taught you the most?
2. What is your most favorite project to wear? Why?
3. Where do you feel the most inspired?
4. How is your perfect cup of coffee or tea prepared?
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received on a project?
6. What is a project you have been dreaming of doing?
7. What is typically going on in the background while you create? Music? Movies? Radio?
8. Who taught you the most about creativity?
9. Favorite quote about creativity?
10. What is the best happy accident you have ever had? Ex. A mistake that turned out to be a good thing!
11. Why do you create?
Alright Nominees this award is given to bloggers by other bloggers so here are your rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.